Instant Pot Chinese Chicken Wings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 lemons
- 2 pieces of celery cut into small pieces
- fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to the Sauté function and add the olive oil, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, pieces of celery, and the chopped onion.
- Cover with a regular lid and sweat the onions, stirring the mix occasionally. Once the mix is cooked thoroughly, remove the lid and let the onions brown for just 1 minute before quickly pouring in 2 cups of water.
- Carefully add the silicone trivet and place the chicken in the pot, breast side up.
- Place the sliced lemons around the chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with a little more salt, pepper, thyme, and onions.
- Turn on the locking lid, and make sure the steam valve is set to “sealing”. Cancel the Sauté setting and select Manual or Pressure Cook on High. Cook, the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, and the IP beeped, let the natural release for 25 minutes before removing the lid.
- Remove the chicken carefully. Lift the silicone trivet and place it on a large plate or into a baking dish. Let it rest while you drain the liquid left in the pot into a bowl. Enjoy!