Protein Lentil Stew
- 2 cups of dry red lentils
- 7 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 can 14.5 fl oz of diced tomatoes
- 1 can 6 oz of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp better than bouillon optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes diced
- 2 ribs of celery diced
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen corn
- Quickly rinse your lentils in the silicone steamer basket and place them in your iPot along with the water, brown sugar, can of diced tomatoes, BTB, tomato paste and spices.
- Put the cover on the iPot.
- Hit the manual button and set to 15 minutes on high pressure.
- While the Instant Pot is working, begin to dice and chop the red pepper, fresh tomatoes and celery.
- Once the iPot is finished cooking, let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Switch the handle to ‘venting’ and release the rest of the steam. Remove the lid.
- Insert the remaining chopped veggies and corn in to the iPot. It should still be on the ‘Keep Warm’ setting.
- Put the lid back on and let it simmer for 10 minutes so the veggies soften up ever so slightly.
- We love the crispiness of the veggies in this stew so that’s why we don’t cook them with the lentils. If you enjoy more of a mush, then just add them in at the start!