Instant Pot Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper crushed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Select sauté mode and adjust to normal. Add oil to pot. When oil is hot, add shallots and cook for 2 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms, salt, and crushed red pepper and cook until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently. (about 4 min)
- Add garlic, cook and stir for 1 minute more. Press cancel. Add broth, rice, and thyme.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 6 minutes. When cooking is complete, make a quick release.
- Add butter and spinach to rice mixture, stir to wilt spinach. Stir in Parmesan cheese.