Instant Pot Vegan "Egg" Bites
How do you make egg bites without using eggs? Little did I know, there is a vegan egg replacement. I was not very confident this would turn out, however, I was proved wrong. The egg replacement has a similar taste and texture to an egg, and with a little bit of almond milk and tofu, you might not even be able to tell the difference!
- 8 oz Crimini mushrooms
- Coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp VeganEgg powder
- 2 cups Ice-cold water
- ¼ Almond milk
- 8 oz Tofu
- 1½ cups Shredded cheddar "cheese"
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Onion salt
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- handful cherry tomatoes
- Add 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- In a large pan, heat some coconut oil, and sauté the mushroom until lightly brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Use coconut oil to generously grease the Silikong egg bite mold. Place one mushroom at the bottom of each cavity. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, add the vegan egg powder and 2 cups of ice-cold water. The water must be below 41 degrees. Whisk vigorously, then pour into blender with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into the Silikong egg bite molds, filling about ¾ of the way to the top.
- Gently place the Silikong egg bite mold inside the pot. Place the cover on the Instant pot (make sure the pressure release valve is closeand select "steam" for 8 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then quickly release the rest.
- Place a plate on top of the Silikong egg bite mold, and quickly flip it over to pop the egg bites out of the mold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!