Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon
- 2 ounces salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsps sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 green onion for garnish
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, water, mirin, sesame oil, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and green onions and whisk to combine.
- Place salmon in two 6 inch square pans or two 8 inch mini loaf pans and pour half of the marinade over the salmon (reserve half of the marinade for serving). Allow salmon to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot and place silicone trivet inside. Place the prepared pans inside, stacking them to form an X shape.
- Secure the lid and turn the valve to seal position. Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, pour reserved marinade into a small saute pan over medium high heat on the stove top. Mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water and whisk to combine. Once the marinade comes to a simmer, slowly pour in the cornstarch slurry and whisk constantly until thickened, for about 2 minute and set aside.
- When pressure cooking is complete, make a quick release.
- Serve warm over rice and drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the dish. Garnish with green onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!