Instant Pot Shrimp Curry
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsps garlic
- 2 tsps ginger
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1½ pounds large shrimp tail-on peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Put the can of coconut milk in the freezer for 10 minutes to separate the cream from water, then scoop off the cream from the top. Reserve both cream and water.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté mode and heat oil. Add onion, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, ginger, turmeric, garlic. Press the Cancel button to turn off the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved coconut water, tomato puree and shrimp.
- Close the Instant Pot with steam release handle to sealing. Pressure Cook/Manual(Low) for 2 minutes followed by quick release.
- Stir in reserved coconut cream and garnish with cilantro. Transfer the shrimp to a serving bowl. Enjoy hot with rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!