Instant Pot Savory Apple Chutney
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- 1 T. fresh ginger finely minced
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. whole cumin seeds
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 t. sugar-free garlic chili sauce
- 4 large apples cored and peeled
- 1 large orange peeled and chopped, with juice
- 1 T. orange zest preferably organic
- Select the “Sauté” function and adjust to highest setting. Add olive oil. Once hot, add the red onion, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seed, and salt. Stir to combine and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent, and the spices are fragrant, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the cider vinegar and deglaze the pot by gently scraping the bottom with a spatula to loosen any browned bits. Add the honey, garlic chili sauce, apples, orange, and orange zest. Stir to combine and turn the unit off.
- Cover and lock the lid into place. Flip the pressure valve to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on high for 3 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops and no more steam escapes, carefully remove the lid and set aside.
- Select the “Sauté” function and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Heat, while stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens, and the excess liquid is reduced, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the unit off and either use immediately or store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!