Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is the perfect hearty meal to warm you up. This homemade recipe tastes just like the Olive Garden version and is loaded with healthy vegetables and hearty beans.
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large celery stalk chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- water to cover vegetables
- 1/2 cup dry uncooked small shell pasta
- 1/2 cup canned or cooked red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned or cooked cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Parmesan cheese Shredded
- Press the SAUTE button and allow to heat up for 2 minutes. Add olive oil and saute onions and garlic for about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, basil, tomatoes, celery, oregano, thyme, tomato paste, bay leaf, vegetable broth, water, and dry pasta.
- Press Cancel then close the lid. Press the MANUAL (older models) or PRESSURE COOK (newer models) button and set on HIGH for 2 minutes. Turn the valve to SEALING.
- After the soup has finished cooking for the 2 minutes and the instant pot beeps, do a quick release by turning the valve to VENTING to release the pressure.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid and add zucchini, kidney beans, and cannellini beans. Press the SAUTE button and cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the pasta and beans are tender and cooked. Stir in spinach (kaland allow to sit until wilted (about 1 minute). Add more water as needed if you like a thinner soup.
- Season with more salt and pepper as needed and stir in balsamic vinegar (if using) and serve warm with bread and top with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.