Instant Pot Lemon Parsley Chicken & Risotto
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- ¼ c. unsalted butter divided
- 1 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1 c. Arborio rice
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 1¾ c. chicken broth
- 1½ c. Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3 T. fresh parsley chopped
- 1 T. fresh lemon zest preferably organic
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Select the “Sauté’ function and adjust the setting to high. Add one tablespoon olive oil to the unit. Once hot, add the chicken and generously season with salt and black pepper. Sauté, stirring frequently, until the chicken is browned on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and add the remaining olive oil and two tablespoons butter to the unit. Add the chopped onion and sprinkle with the garlic powder and dried thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and begins to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice and “toast” for 1-2 minutes by stirring continually in the hot butter and oil. Add the white wine and deglaze the container by gently scraping with a spatula to remove any browned bits from the bottom.
- When the liquid is reduced by one half, turn the unit off by pressing the “Cancel” button. Return the chicken and any juices from the plate to the container and pour the chicken broth on top.
- Cover and lock the lid into place. Set the pressure release valve to “Sealing” and then select the “Manual” button on the high setting. Set the cook time to 6 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, do an immediate quick release of the pressure. Once the pin drops and there is no more steam coming out, carefully remove the lid. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine.
- Cover and let sit for 4-5 minutes to allow any excess liquid to be absorbed. Remove the lid and give the risotto a quick stir before transferring to individual serving bowls. Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese on the side. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!