Instant Pot Hummus
Use your Instant Pot to make light and creamy hummus from dried beans in under an hour. Plus, this Instant Pot Hummus requires no soak time.
Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 1 pound dried garbanzo beans rinsed
- 12 cups filtered water
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans still warm
- 1/2 cup warm bean cooking liquid
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil highest quality“>
TO COOK THE BEANS:
- Rinse garbanzo beans and discard any stones. Place in Instant Pot insert along with 12 cups of filtered water.
- Close lid, make sure vent is set to “sealed” and set Instant Pot to manual for 35 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to naturally release pressure when done (this can take up to 1/2 hour). If you are pressed for time, allow IP to release pressure naturally for at least 15 minutes and then do a slow quick pressure release.
- Carefully drain the beans, making sure to reserve the liquid!
- Transfer 3 cups of warm drained, cooked garbanzo beans to the bowl of food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Add all other ingredients EXCEPT olive oil.
- Process until smooth and slowly add the olive in through the tube, 1 T at a time.
- Hummus should be smooth, creamy and taste almost whipped.