Instant Pot Hummus
Use your Instant Pot to make light and creamy hummus from dried beans in under an hour. Plus, this Instant Pot Hummus requires no soak time!
- 1 pound dried garbanzo beans rinsed
- 12 cups filtered water
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans still warm
- 1/2 cup warm bean cooking liquid
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil highest quality
TO COOK THE BEANS:
- Rinse garbanzo beans and discard any stones. Place in Instant Pot insert along with 12 cups of filtered water.
- Close lid, make sure vent is set to "sealed" and set Instant Pot to manual for 35 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to naturally release pressure when done (this can take up to 1/2 hour). If you are pressed for time, allow IP to release pressure naturally for at least 15 minutes and then do a slow quick pressure release.
- Carefully drain the beans, making sure to reserve the liquid!
- Transfer 3 cups of warm drained, cooked garbanzo beans to the bowl of food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Add all other ingredients EXCEPT olive oil.
- Process until smooth and slowly add the olive in through the tube, 1 T at a time.
- Hummus should be smooth, creamy and taste almost whipped.