- 1/2 cup Water
- 1½ lbs gold potatoes or fingerling cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil or other high-heat oil
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley or snipped chives optional
- Pour 1/2 cup water in the Instant Pot. Place potatoes in the Silikong Steamer Basket and carefully lower it into the pot.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quickly release the remaining pressure.
- Drain remaining fluids and pat the potatoes dry. Rinse and dry the pot liner and put it back in the Instant Pot.
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select CANCEL to turn the pot off, then choose the SAUTE function and set it to HIGH.
- When oil is hot, saute the potatoes until golden, 3-4 minutes per side. Do not crowd the pot--you may have to work in batches. Generously salt and pepper the potatoes while they cook.
- When all potatoes are browned, put them back in the still-hot pot, sprinkle them with herbs and squeeze lemon on top. Cook while tossing, for 1 minute and serve right away.