Instant Pot Chinese Chicken Wings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 scallions sliced and separated into whites and greens
- 3 lbs chicken wings separated at the joint
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine tamari, apple cider vinegar, sriracha, Chinese five-spice powder, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, and whites of scallions. Transfer 2 tablespoons of sauce to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add wings to sauce in large bowl and toss until fully coated. Refrigerate covered for at least 1 hour or can be refrigerated all night long.
- Add water to the Instant Pot and insert the Silikong Steamer Basket. Place the wings in the basket, arrange them so they aren’t on top of one another; place them standing up if necessary. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust cooking time to 10 minutes. When timer beeps, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Quickly release any additional pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer wings to a baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the remaining sauce. Broil wings for 3 minutes on each side to crisp the chicken.
- Transfer wings to a serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds and the greens of scallions.