Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 tsps vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breast diced into ½ inch
- 1½ cups jasmine rice rinsed
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- green onion sliced
- hot sauce optional
- Turn on the Sauté function. Warm 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil, then add the eggs. Scramble the eggs until fully cooked. Transfer the eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Heat another teaspoon of vegetable oil and add the garlic. Sauté the garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute). Turn off the Sauté function, then pour in a small amount of chicken broth and scrape up every last bit of food stuck to the bottom of the insert.
- Pour in the remaining broth, then add the chicken, carrots and rice (in this order). Push the rice down to be just submerged in the broth, but do not stir.
- Close and seal the lid and cook on manual high pressure for 3 minutes, with the "keep warming" setting off. At the end of cooking time, allow natural release for about 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, then add the soy sauce and sesame oil and stir until the rice is well coated. Add the peas and eggs and continue to mix until combined. Set the lid askew on the pot for a minute or two to let the peas and egg to warm through. Serve immediately with your favorite garnish. Enjoy! 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!