Instant Pot Beets
- 3 Beet or Beetroot equal-sized
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Trim the beet leaves leaving the root. Rinse the beets under water to remove any dirt.
- Place the beets in your silicone steamer basket
- Add a cup of water to the instant pot and place the basket in it. Close the lid and turn the valve to sealing position.
- For small to medium sized beets, cook on MANUAL or pressure cook mode at high pressure for 15 minutes. For all large beets, cook for 20 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is done, allow natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid and check that the beets are tender all the way through by inserting a knife through one of them. If the beets are not tender, let them pressure cook for few more minutes.
- Carefully remove the steamer basket and transfer the beets to a plate and let them cool for few minutes.
- Peel the skin and slice the beets as you prefer. Enjoy! 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!