Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning dried
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 24 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz)
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- Press saute mode. Add oil and heat up. Add garlic and chopped onion and saute until the onion is almost translucent. Add Italian seasoning and dried oregano, stir well.
- Place Italian sausage (casings removed) in and cook, breaking it down with a spoon. Cook until no longer pink and there are brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Press "cancel/off" button. Add ¼ cup of water to sausage and stir well, scraping the browned bits from the bottom.
- Add ziti and 2 cups of water and stir well.
- Pour diced tomatoes (with juices) over the pasta, add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes. Do not stir.
- Close the lid and switch the valve to sealing position.
- Press "manual" and adjust timer to 6 minutes.
- When the timer is done, press "off/cancel" button and quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid and add mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese and stir well.
- Serve ziti garnished with fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!