Instant Pot Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer
- 1 8-oz. round of Brie
- 2 large baking apples cored and chopped
- ½ medium orange peeled and chopped, with juice
- 2 T. red onion chopped
- 2 t. fresh ginger finely minced
- ¾ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. dried rosemary
- 3 T. honey preferably local
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. apple cider
- ¼ c. pecans roughly chopped
- Fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Gluten-free crackers or crostini and/or sliced apples tossed in some lemon juice to prevent browning
- Carefully cut the top off the round of Brie and place inside a round heat-proof bowl just large enough to hold it (see dimensions above). Place the rind back on top of the Brie and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Add the chopped apples, orange, onion, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, rosemary, honey, salt, and apple cider to the Instant Pot® and stir to combine.
- Place the prepared round of Brie on to the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot and carefully lower into the unit with the trivet arms up for easy removal.
- Lock the lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to “High” for 5 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops and no additional steam comes out, carefully remove the lid before lifting out the trivet and Brie with potholders. Set aside.
- Select the Sauté function on the highest setting. Bring the fruit mixture to a low boil while stirring frequently. Heat until the mixture thickens, approximately 2-3 minutes. Turn the unit off.
- Remove the foil and the top piece of rind from the warm Brie. To serve, transfer to a platter and spoon some of the fruit mixture on top. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and garnish with small sprigs of fresh rosemary and/or thyme, if desired. Serve immediately with gluten-free crackers or crostini, and/or fresh apple slices. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!