Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 2½ cups apples cored, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- Powdered sugar for decoration
- Toss chopped apple slices with cinnamon and 2 tablespoon sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients: oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix wet ingredients into dry ones very well. The resulting batter is very thick and will seem like there is not very much of it - that's OK.
- Grease a 7” cake pan and pour half of batter in.
- Spread half of apples on top of the batter.
- Add the remaining batter covering most of the apple pieces.
- Finally, spread the remaining half of apples and any juices on top.
- Cover the cake pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot. Place the cake pan wrapped in foil on the silicone trivet and place both in the Instant Pot.
- Press Manual, then High pressure and set cook time to 60 minutes. Once done, use natural release before opening the Instant Pot.
- Carefully take the trivet out of the instant pot and remove the foil wrapped caked from the trivet. Next, remove the aluminum foil from the cake pan. Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove the cake from the pan.
- To make the glaze, mix together sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Stir until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of milk. Drizzle glaze all over the cake.